Regione Toscana
Provincia di Lucca
Fondazione Banca del Monte di Lucca
Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Lucca

San Leonardo in Treponzio

La chiesa di San Leonardo in Treponzio, situata in posizione intermedia tra il piccolo centro di Compito e la cittadina di Capannori, fu edificata agli inizi del XII secolo.
Di particolare interesse risulta il ricco ed originale apparato scultoreo visibile sulla facciata dell'edificio, generalmente attribuito alla scuola di Guidetto.
Fondazione: XII century A.D.
Comprensorio: Piana di Lucca
Comune: Capannori, locality S. Leonardo in Treponzio
Introduzione:

The church was first mentioned in 1115.

Notizie storiche: The church of San Leonardo in Treponzio is situated along an important road attested since Roman times. The homonymous hospital, founded in 1105, was probably in the courtyard on the north side of the church. The church was rebuilt in Modern times maintaining basically its original Latin cross structure, datable to the beginning of the XII century with a single nave and a semicircular apse. Different building techniques were employed in the eastern and western parts of the building, a difference that can be ascribed to the work of successive groups of masons during the construction. Nothing remains today of the original bell tower, completely rebuilt in 1894 on the south-eastern corner of the church, possibly in the same place of the ancient one.
Tipologia: Church
Link Sacrum Luce: http://sacrumluce.sns.it/mv/html/LUC/LC__990008251400000
Codice Audioguida: 053
chiusura