Photogallery
Where it is

Map of the places of the Province of Lucca   icona

See also...
Links
Do you like this site?
memory

Monumento ai Caduti di Migliano


icona Monumento ai Caduti di Migliano
Monumento ai Caduti di Migliano
Area: Garfagnana
District/Locality: Fosciandora
Address: The obelisk was erected inside the Park of the Fallen, near the parish Church, entitled to St. Michele Arcangelo.

The monument of Migliano is dedicated to the Fallen of the first world war. It is a marble obelisk, pyramidal and with square base, located on the two stone grades surmounted by three marble bases with square section, decreasing and of variable height. The pyramid cone stele is surmounted by a small pyramid whose top there is a little sphere on which you can see a bronze eagle. On the front, at the centre of the monument, a star is engraved. A garland of evergreen branches is all around the base of the obelisk. On the lower block there are the images and names of the Fallen, three for every side. In the lower block, on the front, it is engraved a helmet which surmounts a sword, a bayonet and an olive branch. Under it, there is a bronze slab engraved: on the left a small “vittoria”. On the right the “Bollettino della Vittoria”. The monument is surrounded with a forged iron gate.
Date

It is a monument realized in the first after-war period, one of the first ones of the entire area of Garfagnana.
Author

The work is signed by M. Guidi. Artist of Pontecosi, Guidi is the author of other monuments to the Fallen in the area of Garfagnana, amongst them the tombstone of the church of S.Andrea in Cerretoli (Castelnuovo Garfagnana) inaugurated on 21st September 1919 and the tombstone of the church of S.Bartolomeo in Gragnanella (Castelnuovo Garfagnana) inaugurated on 17th August 1919.
Inscriptions

On the front of the monument: AI PRODI/CADUTI PER LA PATRIA/1915-1918/LA PARROCCHIA DI MIGLIANO/IL 14 GIUGNO 1919
On the front of the monument, in the lower part, there is the bronze “Bollettino della Vittoria”.
On the right: S.BERTONCINI/ B. TOGNETTI/ P. TOGNETTI/ L. BONINI
On the back: F. MOSCARDINI/ A. SALOTTI/ S. MOSCARDINI
On the left: C. PIERONI/ S. RICCI S.T./ A. PARDINI
 
Purchaser

The monument was ordered by the parish of Migliano, probably after the proposal of Father Chiari.

Hai trovato l'informazione utile?

Si Forse No
chiusura